Royston Turquoise Bolo Tie Peter Nelson Native American Handmade
- Usually ships the next business day
- Maximum Purchase:
- 1 unit
- Free Shipping
Royston Turquoise bolo tie is Native American handmade of sterling silver and genuine turquoise by renowned Navajo artist Peter Nelson. Silver bolo tie designs are inspired by the Navajo rug weavings of his grandmother, mother and sisters. Peter incorporates these rug patterns into his beautiful sterling silver jewelry by hand-carving the design with a jewelers saw. The cut-out silver design is then soldered to the background silver before it is hand-stamped, oxidized and polished to a high shine. Peter Nelson bolo is made of heavy gauge sterling silver and is slightly domed. Bolo is strung on a heavier 6 ply leather tie with handmade sterling silver, satin finish bolo tips and a handmade clasp.
- Signed by the Artist. Certificate of Authenticity and picture of the Artist included.
- Size: Authentic Native American bolo tie measures approximately 2 7/8" long x 2" and tapers to 1" wide; handmade silver tips measure 2 1/2" long x 1/4" diameter
- Length: 45" including silver tips
- Total Weight: 74 grams/2.60 ounces
- Royston Turquoise: According to the artist, the genuine turquoise in this bolo tie is from the Royston Turquoise Mine in NV. It is sometimes difficult to capture the exact color of the turquoise as the stones vary in different light and appearance changes from one computer monitor to another. The Royston Turquoise in this bolo is a beautiful deep blue green with gold matrix.
- Sterling Silver
- 6 ply leather tie
- Sterling silver belt buckle sold separately.
- Made in the U.S.A.
How was it made? Bolo tie designs are inspired by the Navajo rug weavings of his grandmother, mother and sisters. Peter incorporates these rug patterns into his handmade sterling silver jewelry by hand-carving the design with a jewelers saw. The cut-out silver design is then soldered to the background silver before it is hand-stamped, oxidized and polished to a high shine. Peter Nelson bolo is made of heavier gauge sterling silver and is slightly domed.
Authentic Native American bolo tie by Peter Nelson from Red Rock Trading is authentic Native American handmade of sterling silver. Hand-carved design was created using the overlay method. In short, the overlay technique is created by cutting a design out of a piece of silver, the result being a negative design. The silver that is left after the design has been cut out of it is then soldered onto a sheet of plain silver and the inside of the design is typically hand-stamped with fine lines and oxidized to show up black against the polished silver. The black background is burned into the silver using liver of sulfur acid and will not chip, fade or peel.
100% Customer Satisfaction Guarantee
14 day return policy: please contact us via email or by phone to let us know you will be returning the item. We will credit the purchase price to your account upon receipt provided we received it in the same condition as it was delivered to you. Return shipping is paid by you.
USPS: We typically ship via USPS Priority Flat Rate or First Class. Their shipping rates are reasonable and the delivery time is typically 2-3 days within the US.
It is our goal to process your order immediately. We usually ship out the same day or the next business day depending on what time your order is placed.
Signature: At our discretion, we may require a signature as proof of delivery. If you would like us to waive the signature, please let us know but keep in mind that you are accepting responsibility for delivery. All shipments include a tracking #.
International: We ship to several different countries however we have not automated it yet on our new website. Please contact us via email with any questions.